Our core team takes care of getting things done, leveraging quality working forces with handpicked freelancers from all around the world.
CEO – Head of Brand Creation & Business Building
Kristin brings the three o8 values to life: bold attitude, clever ideas and creative in everything she does. Equipped with two master degrees with distinction under her belt (one of them with marketing as a major), she always considered marketing and sales a craft that requests lifelong learning and practice. Before becoming an entrepreneur, she did so in consulting and marketing management projects for well-known brands of various industries (FMCG, automotive, pharma).
Having served as a volunteer board member at the IAF on European level for several years, Kristin is also the inventor and author of practical innovation framework “Magic Innovation Leadership” as well as of several other publications. To challenge herself and the team to find an even better solution comes naturally to her raising the bar for results that are creative and economic as well.
Some years ago, she and her husband decided to move to Starnberg, where they live close to gorgeous lakes and mountains enjoying its outdoors with whatever kind of sport comes their way.
- Ask me about: Great brand and business building, funny digital and marketing fails, great wine, travel and what to read recommendations.
- Recommended hashtags to follow: Twitter #blockchain, Instagram #illustration, Linkedin #futurethinking
- Current favourite GIFs: https://media.giphy.com/media/DPiuat0EsqP3a/giphy.gif https://media.giphy.com/media/26BRwSiLlTDyhqo1y/giphy.gif 😉 https://media.giphy.com/media/14iAZiBXrzhAEU/giphy.gif
- Favourite Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX56qfiUZBncF?si=c1C-Xp9hQkqzVekkVtJP4A
Brand Design & Visual Customer Experience
Meeting up with Gaby you meet a smiling, light-hearted person. You would probably never guess that the visual design wizard had to make the courageous choice to leave her dangerous home country El Salvador together with her university sweetheart to go to Germany. Before this, however, Gabriela studied design at “Dr José Matías Delgado” university, gained lots of practical experience at Rodas&Rivas agency and even managed to track down an award in Pixel’s Animation Awards in 2010 (https://youtu.be/_I4Lk2HyREE).
Gabriela tackles tight deadlines with ease and creativity, so in 2018 she was asked to join the core team of o8. She is now taking care of all things visual at o8 from website design over print material up to complex infographics.
- Ask me about: Design in general, animals, netflix series, recipes.
- Recommended hashtags to follow: #designinspiration #100tuesdaytips #motiongraphics
- Current favourite GIFs: https://emojis.slackmojis.com/emojis/images/1526484161/3921/unicorn.gif?1526484161 https://gph.is/1DzWYFR
- Favourite Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX9loJQLuEvap?si=JuQUGmSlSsiuW4N7fMgCiA
Development & Tech Problem Solving
Some years ago, Mahmud Elgohary was just the regular bright Egyptian guy from a tiny village who started to study IT and computer science at Zagazig University. At least up to the moment when he decided to join the protests in Kairo in 2011 – only to find that his opportunity to study was gone when he came back (all participating students organising it had been expelled).
He recognised this to be one of those pivotal moments in life and such went first to Turkey, then to Bosnia – all the time working on several IT projects collecting skills in programming for startups as well as applying them on his entrepreneurial challenges such as the tourism agency automation system “travelUS”. Mahmud considers problem-solving a sport, so he is now taking care of all things code, tech and problem-solving at o8.
- Ask me about: languages, gardening, politics and oriental food recipes.
- Recommended hashtags to follow: Twitter #language #future, Instagram #analytics, Linkedin #blockchain
- Current favourite GIFs: https://gph.is/2ghI16z https://gph.is/1T3YW84
- Favourite Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2GzbuWqME5yjzssjAkOgE7
GTD / Finance
Anja was born and raised in legendary Garmisch close to the Zugspitze. Her family always owned restaurants so service attitude and getting things done runs in her veins. Her educational background attending the Munich School for Interpretation laid the grounds for some bold life choices taking her to London as well as New York. For some years, she successfully owned and managed the “Café Overath” in the hipster Munich quarter “Gärtnerplatz”.
In the meanwhile, she is living in Starnberg with her husband, daughter as well as two dogs. Anja now helps the o8 team to keep financial things in Zen-like order and takes care that anything infrastructure-related gets done efficiently.
- Ask me about: Cooking, gardening, mountains and dogs.
- Recommended hashtags to follow: Instagram #NYC12x12
- Current favourite GIFs: https://tenor.com/UnaJ.gif
- Favourite Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX0YKekzl0blG?si=ekCTWSpqSE6_3Pf-8cnaRA