Our core team takes care of getting things done by leveraging quality working forces with handpicked freelancers from all around the world.
CEO – Head of Brand Creation & Business Building
Kristin brings the three o8 values to life with her bold attitude, clever ideas and creativity in everything she does. Equipped with two masters degrees with distinction under her belt (one of them with marketing as a major), she always considered marketing and sales a craft that requests lifelong learning and practice. Before becoming an entrepreneur, she did consulting and marketing management projects for well-known brands in various industries (FMCG, automotive and pharma).
Having served as a volunteer board member at the IAF at the European level for several years, Kristin is also the inventor and author of the practical innovation framework “Magic Innovation Leadership” and its accompanying book as well as several other publications. Challenging herself and the team to find an even better solution comes naturally to her, raising the bar for results that are creative and economic as well.
Some years ago, she and her husband decided to move to Starnberg, where they live close to gorgeous lakes and mountains, enjoying the outdoors with whatever kind of sport comes their way.
- Ask me about: Great brand and business building, funny digital and marketing fails, great wine, travel and what to read recommendations.
- Recommended hashtags to follow: Twitter #blockchain, Instagram #illustration, Linkedin #futurethinking
- Current favourite GIFs: https://media.giphy.com/media/DPiuat0EsqP3a/giphy.gif https://media.giphy.com/media/26BRwSiLlTDyhqo1y/giphy.gif 😉 https://media.giphy.com/media/14iAZiBXrzhAEU/giphy.gif
- Favourite Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX56qfiUZBncF?si=c1C-Xp9hQkqzVekkVtJP4A
Sofia Luce Gallo
Brand Design & Visual Customer Experience
Sofia is a graphic designer with an Italian background and a global mindset – this led her to travel through Europe and overseas and later to look for a position in an international agency. She’s always been highly creative and passionate about all artsy things, and as soon as she realized that design was a great way to make a living through creativity, she immediately knew what her path would be.
With a quirky and curious attitude, Sofia has a BA in graphic design and visual communication from ISIA, an Italian design school considered one of the best in Europe. Having mastered the printing and editorial techniques, she decided to deepen the digital side by completing a master’s course in UI design. After several years of collaboration with communication agencies and small-to-medium-sized businesses, Sofia joined the overw8 team, and she’s now taking care of all things visual, from brand design to web creation, social media assets and printed material.
- Ask me about: Italian food, roadtrips, coffee, TV series and graphic design books
- Recommended hashtags to follow: #eyeondesign, #itsnicethat, #aesthetics, #thedesignblacklist
- Current favourite GIFs: https://giphy.com/gifs/digital-VekcnHOwOI5So https://giphy.com/gifs/126bpm-dancingatclub-4N1DGuIDCssSk0iaQj
- Favourite Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWUoqEG4WY6ce
Development & Tech Problem Solving
Some years ago, Mahmud Elgohary was just a regular bright Egyptian guy from a tiny village who started to study IT and computer science at Zagazig University. At least, he was a regular guy up to the moment when he decided to join the protests in Kairo in 2011, only to find that his opportunity to study was gone when he came back (all students who participated in organising the protests had been expelled).
He recognised this to be one of those pivotal moments in life and so went first to Turkey, then to Bosnia—all the time working on several IT projects, collecting skills in programming for startups as well as applying them to entrepreneurial ventures such as the tourism agency automation system “travelUS.” Mahmud considers problem-solving a sport, so he is now taking care of all things code, tech and problem-solving at o8.
- Ask me about: languages, gardening, politics and oriental food recipes.
- Recommended hashtags to follow: Twitter #language #future, Instagram #analytics, Linkedin #blockchain
- Current favourite GIFs: https://gph.is/2ghI16z https://gph.is/1T3YW84
- Favourite Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2GzbuWqME5yjzssjAkOgE7