THE BRAND MAKEOVER
Laying the base | Strategic Tasks
So, the first step was a thorough workshop with Arthur Wunderle (2nd generation owner) and Fabian Wunderle (3rd generation now coming up). This is how the brand tuning process typically unfolds:
1. Trigger Questions
We’ll provide a set of questions for you and your team to help you prep for the branding workshop. The questions are fun and there is no ‘right’ answer – the main intention is to trigger the reflection process before the workshop.
2. Branding Workshop
Imagine this to be a really collaborative experience, in most cases facilitated by our experienced CEO Kristin Reinbach. There are clients who call them “power sessions”. 😉 Those are intense sessions as based on the trigger questions ideas and contemplations tend to flow.
3. Recommendation: Brand Values & Positioning
Based on the input of the workshop, we will create a tailored suggestion referring to your brand’s values as well as its positioning in the market.
The obvious speech bubble.
The minimalistic speech bubble, shape cleaner.
Emphasis on the dialogue, though the implied energy is a bit too passive.
Note that even though they are seemingly pretty similar, each version has a slightly different emphasis and message.
Creating the Overall Atmosphere
A brand is never ‘only’ a logo, but especially in the times of digital marketing is much more 360°. Each client has their own strengths and channels to play to. In this case, we emphasized proving the team with tools that would make it easy to build stylish PPT slides as well as convincing infographics while allowing for even longer texts to display really good structure.
A cheatsheet? why not?
A New Style:
Only as Successful as its Use
To make the adoption of the new brand elements within the company easier, we provided Der Finanz Berater with an A3 cheatsheet. Like this, everyone would have an easy time starting to use the right fonts and colors everywhere.
A Few Specialties
Semi-Custom Illustrations and Graph Styles
A Special Contour for Social Media
Marketing & Sales Plan
- Target group definition
- Positioning in the market
- 4 P’s – product price place promotion
- AIDA (sales funnels) per target group
In this case, a rough first version was created and prioritized towards the next upcoming steps, while providing the structures to become more detailed over time.
At o8, we will not simply hand you over the address of some photographer. That would be a pity because a lot of quality would get lost.
What we do instead:
- we create a clear briefing of what is needed for that client
- then we either have a look at our already available shortlist of preferred partners on the leverage team in that field
- and/or go ‘hunting’ for the very pro we feel we get and match the style that’s necessary
- the client will then get a shortlist
- once chosen, the photographer will be briefed in detail
- on the day of the shoot, we’ll do a brief either on location or via video and then will check in about the first results about 1-2 hours later to make sure the direction is the right one
- after the shoot we will go ahead and prioritize pics according to brief and what is needed for which communication tools such as the website or some brochure
- only after the pictures are touched up and preselected will they be handed over for your use
- Select/curate the partner
- Brief in detail / make sure the goals and visions of the client and its brand are understood
- Quality management during the shoot
- As well as after the shoot (“post-production”) till everything is really fine, polished, and complete
The New Website
The co-creation of a new website with a client is not only a creative or tech challenge but most of all a process challenge.
Through our experience, we’ve set up a really sleek and easy process that enables quick and easy reviewing of even the smallest changes really smooth and easy.
Classic creativity techniques using post-its and flipcharts will be used in the beginning.
The detail creation and refinement Process with detailed commenting and release processes is based on MIRO.
setup for success
Our Tech Stack for this Project
Project Management: Asana
Brand Design: Adobe Creative Cloud
Brand Design: Canva
Website Design + Development: WordPress
Website Process: MIRO
Copytext & Pictures Collab: GDocs + GDrive
WITHIN 4 MONTHS
“Der Finanz Berater”: after only 4 months, their brand (and business) is ready for the next level and the future!